The Anmore Times team is made up of a group of hard working and dedicated volunteers who do their best to bring you the latest news, events and information from in and around Anmore!
Our purpose is to engage the Anmore Community by providing information on Village happenings, community events, and issues of interest and governance.
If you would like to join our team or submit something to the Anmore Times, here is our contact information:
Anmore Times Team:
Pam Blackman (editor/advertising)
Jan Morrissey (editor/print delivery)
Karen Steemson (editor/ treasurer)
Lori Bennett (reporter)
Christine Schattenkirk (reporter)
Julie Mitten (online management)
Mirjana Baspaly (contributor)
Stan Kouchnarev (publishing)
The deadline for print editions is 4:00 p.m. on the 25th day of the month before the target issue. If the 25th is a Saturday or a Sunday then the deadline is 4:00 p.m. on the following Monday.
Submissions need to have margins of at least ½ inch on all four sides of the page.
You may email your submission to email@example.com for inclusion in our print or online publications. Please address all submissions to the Anmore Times and include your contact information. All submissions should contain a heading in bold, large type, the author’s name, and should meet our guidelines outlined below.
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
The Anmore Times is a non-profit volunteer organization. Our paid advertising offsets the cost of printing our publication and maintaining our web site.
Letters to the Editor:
- The length for our print edition is limited to one page. Longer submissions may be submitted for posting online at no additional charge.
- Letters must be signed.
- Letters may not contain profanity.
- Letters must be addressed to the Anmore Times and not simply be a copy of a letter addressed to someone else. A letter which begins, “Dear residents of Anmore, Here is a copy of the text of a letter I have sent to….” is permissible, provided it meets the other criteria.
- Letters should limit criticism to ideas and actions and not be personal attacks.
- The font size should be a minimum of 10 point. We recommend 12 point.
1. We reserve the right to refuse to print submissions. If there are controversial items we will decide as a group what to do at our monthly meeting. The preferred decision will be to ask the author to rewrite the passage.
2. If we deem material to be political advertising we will ask the author to pay for it.
3. Political advertising will not be printed until payment is received.
4. If advertisers do not get us copy in time for an issue, and we do not have an old copy we can use, they will not get another issue at the end of their year.
5. Announcements for non-profit organizations will be printed for no charge.
You must have a Facebook account to comment. Commenting is subject to Facebook commenting policy.